The financial planning process begins with an in-depth discussion of your current situation and your short-term and long-term goals.
After gathering information from you, such as your current and projected expenses, financial accounts, and other data, we show you where you are now relative to where you would like to be. We then offer specific recommendations and “what if” scenarios to help you achieve your goals.
We suggest updating your plan periodically to monitor your progress and make adjustments for the unforeseen events that inevitably occur.
The scope of your financial plan can include any or all of the following:
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Tax Planning
- Investment Portfolio Review
- College Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Risk Management & Insurance Planning
- Cash Flow Planning
- Business Planning
Our financial planning process employs a variety of strategies for different goals. All plans include several “What If” scenarios as appropriate. Your personalized plan will serve as the roadmap for accomplishing your goals.
Discovery and Data Gathering
We have in depth discussions with you during the initial discovery and data gathering phase in order to:
- Understand your unique financial circumstances.
- Understand both your life goals and your financial goals.
- Assess both your willingness to take risk and your ability to take risk.
- Review all investment accounts.
Analysis of Financial Situation
The primary objective of this stage is to develop an effective, long-term investment strategy that is custom tailored for you. A thorough review and analysis of your financial situation includes:
- Investment return objectives
- Time horizon
- Asset class preferences
- Tax situation (current and projected)
- Liquidity needs
- Retirement goals
Presentation of Recommendations
We present our long-term investment strategy for your portfolio and thoroughly discuss the overall asset allocation and its risk/reward parameters, including the following:
- Strategic and tactical asset allocations
- Specific investments aligned with your personal risk tolerance and goals
- Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
Once the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is mutually agreed upon we will:
- Establish the appropriate accounts and transfer assets to be managed.
- Execute the specific investment plan.
- Implement portfolio recommendations.
Monitor and Rebalance Portfolio
We will provide continuous monitoring of your investments by:
- Ensuring that the portfolio continues to be aligned with your goals and risk tolerance.
- Rebalancing your portfolio pursuant to the Investment Policy Statement.
- Implementing any tactical changes to your portfolio.
- Preparing quarterly performance reports.