At Wealth Quest Partners, Inc., an independent financial planning and investment management firm, we value your business and we want to let you know where we stand on a crucial topic: customer information and privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the confidential information of each of our clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by Wealth Quest Partners, Inc.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf, or so that our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer).
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
- Wealth Quest Partners, Inc. may also share your personally identifiable information with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) as part of complying with the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. If you prefer that we do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to the CFP Board you can simply opt out of this disclosure by notifying us via telephone at 858.433.7002.